Pages

Friday, October 20, 2006

+..Uik? Raya already?..+

Time flies in super fast forward this time. Or so I thought. Ramadhan earlier, I wasted a week in Tawau. The past 2 weeks and now was in between pause moments and blurry pictures. Blurry because it went so fast, schwoop..! All you experienced was the sensation, like tickles to your foot.

Then, suddenly next week is already Raya! OMG! Where have I been all this time.
I don't even spend my time with my other friends for break fasting, only with Sutun and Vits.
That was because of its conveniently located nearby the office.
On weekend?
Well, other than busying myself to meet Boe for car window shopping and Raya shopping,
most of the time was spent with family for spring cleaning, family shooping and Gala Iftar with the rest of Zubir's clan. One big whole bunch of havoc! I just had two iftar sessions with Boe.
One wasted down the drain (as both are not much an eater) the other was adventure.
We went to two places the same night, that took 45 mins drive away.
Reason?
He wanna eat Teppanyaki at the first place but I want to buy shoes that I saw at another place. And that another place doesn't have any Teppanyaki outlets. As I can't delay buying the shoes ( it might attract another prospective buyer, you see) I insisted him to drive me there. He ended up buying a Limited Edition raya shoes himself, and the bonus?
We got 40% off the total price! Totally Priceless...

This Ramadhan I patched my missing link with Madam M, my long lost Science Foundation friend back in MU.
Since she had nobody in town to talk to (in depthly), I become closer to her (with ym, definitely). My finance was in a state of haywire, I thought of shortwire the whole thing, but thanks to Allah, my patience with that *guy* paid off. Although not as much as RM20K, but it helps lessen my financial hiccups. Where is he BTW? Surely he enjoys using my RM20K to buy his Raya goodies?

Mom forewarned me to attend another Gala Iftar with Zubir's clan on Raya Night this Monday.
Vitz makes me drool on her proposal to eat hot lemang with Rendang Ayam the same night.
Thanks to her fab mother who is excellent in cooking Negri Sembilan's dishes, I am an official addict to it. Help! I'm in a dilemma. Last two years, only Sutun managed to experience eating Lemang piping hot, straight from its *burner* as I was always away to attend Nenek's Kenduri Raya. Mom also announced that this year we will have our own Takbir Raya Event at home.
Takbir Raya is actually an event where a small group of neighbours who walk from house to house
and do the Raya takbir (the praising of Allah). We will have to prepare simple but yummilicious food to cater for them. Mom plans to cook spaghetti, as the common practice 360 degree vicinity prepares Rendang, Ketupat and the usual Malay delicacies. B-O-R-I-N-G...

I was already in raya mood. Not because Boe's going to send his Marriage Proposal Team,
but I just wanna eat Raya cookies and just relax at home without expecting people to visit.
Except my friends..Not that I'm anti-social, but I hate watching ill-mannered kids who run around the house, enter/ exit then lock /unlock the hall's bathroom, just because it was not the convensional ones, play the indoor garden's sliding door like nobody's business and throw Raya cookies's wrappers virtually everywhere!

I hate to think when the same kids come and *visit* us this year, the pebbles lying around the indoor garden,
the two small aquariums, the indoor's water fountain and Jojo will be their next target of destruction. Like what they did to the sliding doors and the glass bathroom!! But can I do anything about that? No-ooo because they are *our* distance family. They related to the man who rent our home 5 years ago for years! I feel like eating them alive..and does the parents do anything for these lil devils? NIL!
Note to self: To lace the kids' drinks with sleeping pills

So, for Muslims who read my blog here:-

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir dan Batin...

Now need to go for my facial appointment. Ciou~@!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails