Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

+..Back to WORK already..?..+

Bah! Its Sunday.
Tomorrow the sun will shine and please let me unwelcome you back to reality...Monday!

But err...much to all of your dismays, and my added, MSG-ed and spiced glee, I will still be on leave til Tuesday. Woohh! I love my office. Tho, there are still loads to do but heck! It's my holiday. I deserved to pamper meself in the err...lazying around dept.

So, Raya came and went. I'm quite happy and contented as the previous kids that I've gossiped about, y'know the ill-mannered lil devils? They still haven't shown their faces around. Uhuhu i hope they're spending their Raya somewhere near the Artics.

Raya this year was so much OK compared to last year cos it went the way I like. Less people, more relaxing at home and just meeting people who I wanna see a.k.a my friends. I'm looking much forward to meet Mdm USA : the 5-years online gal pal I met when I broke up with V last two years. Uhuhu...can't wait!

My house was opened for Raya yesterday for a lil crowd. Well, first and foremost, I didn't have ALL of my friends' and colleagues' phone numbers. Secondly, I know a lotta friends are still at their kampung far-far away and thus couldn't make it. So, why must I send SMS for things that are too obvious?

Boe came with his rock-grungy look, not to my err expectation as he's working on Saturdays. Well, Saturday is his dress down, and usually on Saturday, we will always go outstation for outdoors (mis)adventures. Nay, I didn't introduce him to Dad like,
"Hey Dad? This is Boe, your future son-in-law.."
I'll wait until he's really into *It* and THEN I'll introduce him proper. This is more mature-like kinda introduction. As *friends*... Again, why waste that few minutes intro, and repeat the same thing again the next year if your relationship fails.. (GOD FORBID!!)

I just wanna be more practical in a sense that doesn't really goes into the typical Malay culture. Y'know..like, when I was asked to bring my stronger other half to my Kampung, and all the aunties, the uncles and the grannies kept repeating that typical Malay kinda questions,
"When can we taste your Nasi Minyak? (popular wedding dish)"
"You've already passed that marriage-able age...bla-di-bla and blah-blah"

BAH! I hate it. So my templated answer would be,
"Ala, [fill in their names here...], just pray for my mate to be someone worth my Uterus and eggs, OK?"
Of course I couldn't really answer these golden aged up to their satisfaction and expectation, but again, the same thing goes when you're already married, and the question would be,
"When can we get to see/ meet your baby?"
So it will always be that never ending story, just to satisfy *some* people.

Then why bother, right?
Why can't they step out the ordinary, be creative and greet me with
"Hey, look...I've met a nice lil chap with nice lil house and car..and he's a good guy and stuff, probably you two can meet up and get to know each other?"
Bah! In your dream....taichee...after all, where should I stuff my already stronger other half?
In my socks?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another unrelated story,

Zura, Boe and I spent the rest of our lazy Sunday afternoon with karaoke session. My other sweet lil thang friend couldn't come, so the mike were just for the three o' us. Unlucky for Boe, he sprained his neck and lost the mood to sing. Nevertheless the song that captured my heart
was sung by him and uhuhuh cairrr balik....lalallalala~@! I wonder how he sounds like when he recites the Quran and azan?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There goes a week Raya holiday.

Oh yes, SB clan went to Malacca to visit Arin's newborn baby, Sufiah Hanum.

The misadventure began when the four wheeler smoked and drained the whole radiator. Dilot and I was arguing on why the air-cond was suddenly so hot and humid. She was (as usual the ever so hard-headed) complaining about the thing I accidentally disturbed and tried to blast the temperature to 25- 30 degree celcius (which logically spelt HOT!). I was not in the mood to spoil the nice drive, so I opened up the window, and that works only temporarily...

To my horror, I saw a thick smoke and the temp was rising to its max. Great! Parents were already zoomed farther and we made a pull-over to a nearby resting area. Tried to call PLUSLINE for help. But heck! they were not even trying to make any follow-up calls but instead (probably called their *kereta tarik* counterparts) bright green jackets wearing people in Kancil and Iswara came over and pretend to help. AS IF I was so in distress, plus the four-wheeler was full of ladies...

I said, look I've already called PLUSLINE, and awaiting their truck to come and help us.
"But they will be so busy to help you...and further they wouldn;t know how to repair this radiator"
"Never you mind. I've paid the bloody toll and expect that they would eventually use our money to help in some kind.."

and the waiting agony was like...30- 40 minutes? That's it. I asked Taro and Piko to go and fill in some water in these bottles, and gave 'em RM10 to buy new ones...

"We're gonna do this on our own. Bloody blood sucking PLUSLINE!!"

Parents were already panicking. Well, my name is not *taichee~@!* if I couldn't handle small things like this. I said if thing gets any worse, we'll make a u-turn to KL. But knowing the misadventurist yours truly...i made it thru to Klebang Besau and got to see Sufiah Hanum, and ate yummilicious Malacca delicacies, cooked by MakNgah. Uhuhuh, i already miss that Gulai Lemak Nanas Ikan Masin!!

We only reached KL around 10 ish at night (from 6 pm) after every 30 minutes stop and fill drills (the radiator)and continued to visit Uncle Man and family. Lethargy hit me, but Boe said, "Well, its Raya, and will only be celebrated once a year..." Uhuhu we kept on texting each other as I've joined his smoked and dried radiator club.

Lucky lucky moi...I still have two days to spend. Boe needs me to help send his truck to Jln Tun Razak's service centre. I need to do some montage and a drafted brochure. On a quick meeting by Tuesday (thanks Kama, you've ruined my holiday) and back to the office by Wednesday.

By then, it was a week well spent. I met Madam M, Zura, Inas, *Sofia-Suraya* bwahahah, Mr. Chia, the Promudans, Vitz and her beau, and the rest of the batalion...eheheh. Well spent indeed...

~..bad backache taichee due to washing up gigantic pots and pans..~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails