Pages

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

+..Tired but it rocks! DAY 2..+

Day 2:-

Yesterday, due to a much hyped Proboscis Monkey and 3 bottles of 600 ml Mud bottles - thanks to my excited loud mouth, everybody went seeking the two places(err, they gave it to me, betul...) we had to break fast at KGTI. Wooh! I love breaking fast at this part of the world as the time was only 1805!

Mak Mah the local cook made deliciously finger licking good ikan tongkol asam pedas and sweet and sour fried crab. We also had vege soup and home made cendol. There were also cream puff, sweet Bugis kuih and lepat. After all that worthy trip deep in the estates to see environmental buffer zone, that smelly sludge pond that stuck to you for hours and interesting plopping mud volcano? priceless...

Day 2, I pledge Kak Sab to wake at 4am instead. I was dead tired, and muscle went limb like jello after my long bath and applied mud on the face. Instead of watching TV, i dozed off like a baby. I even forgotten to call B afterwards since the time was not reflected correctly to me (still confused on semenanjung time and sabah's)

For Sahur, there was fried buttered prawns, much to my anticipating cholesterol thingy! And meehoon. Completed my round with coffee. Yummy. Then off to iron my clothes and dozzed another hour. This time, Pak Amran came at 630.

The things to see during this trip was another objective evidence prior to RSPO such as pesticides handling and storage, to witness harvesting and spraying activities, and guess what...hiking up a 1.2 km hill to see another buffer zone! In fasting month! can you imagine? Lucky I was so used to this compared to Kak Sab. But unlucky for me, the only place to get a better phone signal was at the peak, where there stood a two flights tower overlooking the estate. Bah!

We went down for a slippery and pacat infested area. The boot is made for this...ehehhe...then off to another mill to see another documents for records. This was the time for my eyes to cross and head spinning like crazy. I steal some time to rest at the comfy sofa while ears were listening to every details (tak percaya, kah?). It was not just me, but also Kak Sab, Dr. Rusli, Ainina and Dr. Zul. Ehehhe...it was a mistake to climb the hill during fasting month ler...

Meanwhile the afternoon session went a bit Ok..eventho my eyes were crazily trying to shut and i was crazily fighting it off...Hj Zen's place was a bit interesting as I saw younger men. Ehehehe...at least, to keep myself looked cool. (",) At least on the second day, we got some time to shower and shut our eyes for 15 mins at the lovely KGTI rest house ( i swear if there's a decent phone signals there, this is THE place for me to spend the night). Then off to yet another iftar session with Mak Mah's specialty - ayam masak kunyit, sambal ikan tenggiri, vege soup with homemade fishball and the most craving drink while we were up the hill - pandan coconut drink!

Kak Sab had to entertain another estate client for their closing of NCR, and err a OK looking guy too. So I have to wait till she finishes the thing and went back to BMP with Pak Amran. This time, i was seated at the front as the scholars were off earlier with another 4WD. Yay!

Got to call B before he went off for Terawikh, he told me his gastric worsen and affected the whole family, saying its pandemic in his housing area. What? gastric - pandemic? nay! it must be from your water source, B. Its contaminated! Uhuhu, asked him to take the gastric pill for sahur, but i know he will definitely forget to take it (or intendedly forgotten).

That particular nite, amazingly my eyes were wide open. I took the opportunity to write my findings report while the TV was tuned for Kaseh Ramadan and Tribe. I slept not later than 12 am.

Kept reminding self that sahur session will be at 4 am. Uhuhu...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails